South Korea says it’ll impose stricter social distancing rules in the greater Seoul area to fight a coronavirus resurgence, as the country registered more than 300 new virus patients for a fifth consecutive day.
Health Minister Park Neung-hoo said Sunday the ongoing outbreak is “extremely grave and serious” as infection routes have been too diverse. He says authorities have found 62 clusters of infections over the past two weeks.
He says the toughened guidelines will begin Tuesday and go for two weeks. Under it, nightclubs and other high-risk entertainment facilities must shut down and a late-night dining at restaurants will be banned. Customers aren’t allowed to drink or eat inside coffee shops, internet cafes or fitness centers, while sports attendance will be limited to 10% of the stadium’s capacity.
South Korea has been experiencing a spike in fresh infection since it relaxed coronavirus restrictions last month. Earlier Sunday, South Korea added 330 new coronavirus cases, bringing the national tally to 30,733 with 505 deaths.
UK stocks up on vaccines, hopes to start virus shots in days
UK holds firm on fish in Brexit talks with EU
Brazil's Bolsonaro suffers wave of defeats in mayoral races
S.Korea to toughen quarantine measures on worry about 3rd wave of COVID-19 pandemic
Rahul Gandhi Accuses Indian PM Modi of Committing Atrocities Against Protesting Farmers
Armenian President Seeks Putin's Help to Bring Armenian Servicemen Held by Baku Back Home